Our social programs are created by and for members.
COVID-19 Update for Social Programs
Virtual Social Programs Groups
Who is Eligible?
Social Program Members are asked to:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Self-identify as having lived experience with mental health and/or substance abuse challenges.
- Be actively seeking and embodying recovery to a point where they feel comfortable and safe participating in group activities.
- Be independent in their personal care and daily living need. Care-giving services are not provided at the FolkTime Social Programs. These types of services would include: bathroom support, mobility support, support during meals, medication management, transportation, etc.
- Complete new member orientation, held on the first Tuesday of the month at 12:00 PM PST.
If you have any questions or concerns about member guidelines, or about our social programs in general, please contact us at the Social Programs via email@example.com
In order to provide a safe and supportive community, we accept members who have:
FolkTime's Social Programs are judgement free and value diversity.
There is no cost for membership though members are asked to donate $1 for lunch, when able.
We operate with volunteers and through your donations.
Social program members gather to participate in a variety of activities, including craft projects, guest speakers, games, and discussions on topics of interest.
Once a week members venture out to local parks, museums, and gardens, or participate in community events.
Sharing a Meal
Our hot lunches are prepared on site and shared together. Donations from our community partners help to create our meal selections.
Members are the primary leaders of all the activities offered at our social programs, which provides a training ground for leadership within the mental health peer community.
Our Social Program Locations
Free To Be Me
- 75% of our members reduced their use of mental health services
- 73% reported reducing
- reducing need of hospital
- 57% reporting using the Emergency Department less
- 45% reporting less involvement with Police
- 95% of the members surveyed felt they had built friendships through Folktime
- 93% of participants felt that Folktime helped them get nutritious meals that were otherwise difficult to attain.
Hours of operation:
Mon, Wed, Thurs 10:00am-2pm
Community Church of Christ (unaffiliated)
4837 NE Couch Street
Portland, OR 97213
Social Programs Lead, TaMara Edens: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No member found
No member found